[imp] problem with IMAP mailbox expunge (purge deleted)

David Brangaitis David.Brangaitis at marist.edu
Sat Aug 30 18:08:26 UTC 2008

We're running IMAP under z/VM.  This is proxied by imapproxy on the system
running IMP.
I've actually just resolved this problem.  Had some custom code in
imapproxy that broke things.
Still not sure exactly why an error message like the would appear.

Thanks.
-Dave

Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
Sent by: imp-bounces at lists.horde.org
08/30/2008 01:59 PM

cc

Subject
Re: [imp] problem with IMAP mailbox expunge (purge deleted)

Quoting David Brangaitis <David.Brangaitis at marist.edu>:

> Hello,
> Can anyone advise me on how to correct a problem with the 'purge
deleted'
> function in IMP 4.2?    If I delete messages, then click 'purge
deleted',
> the messages will no longer be displayed in the inbox, but most of the
> time will return (marked deleted) on the next login.  IMAP sees this as
> failed expunge because there are apparently multiple selects of the
> Inbox..
>
> -----> C= 1219769640 xxxx CLIENT: sd [7]
> 00000005 EXPUNGE
>

> -----> C= 1219769640 xxxx SERVER: sd [10]
> 00000005 NO EXPUNGE failed - INBOX has multiple concurrent selectors.

What IMAP server are you using?  I've never seen that error message
before and if it means what I think it means, it doesn't make any
sense - IMAP is designed to allow more than 1 connection to a mailbox
at any given time.

michael