[imp] HTTPMail

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Sep 4 20:06:12 UTC 2008

>> Quoting AJ <aj at mindcrash.com>:
>>
>>> Be that as it may, is there any way to make Horde work with
>>> Outlook configured as HTTP?
>>
>> No.  IMP/Horde supports IMAP and POP servers only.  Absolutely no
>> other reason to support another mail protocol at this time.
>
> Additionally, accessing a protocol that has been encrypted or
> otherwise marked as proprietary (i.e. Hotmail) is most likely, at
> least in the U.S., a violation of the D.M.C.A.  In other words: bad
> idea.

HTTPMail is actually WebDAV, so there is nothing proprietary about it.
And I think what he means is using IMP as a server, not as a client.

This might be possible, but I don't see how you could motivate any
developer, if not with money, to support an inferior mail client, if
IMP is already installed anyway.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/