[imp] change in $_prefs['addressbooks'] from Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1 to 1.1.x ?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Sep 4 21:16:15 UTC 2008

Zitat von Marco Favero <falon at csi.it>:

> Hi all,
> I'm new in horde, I would like to ask a question.
>
> I use $_prefs['search_sources'] in IMP to auto-expand address.
> I have two address book (localsql and localldap), so I use
> 'value' => "localsql\tlocalldap"
>
> Until GWE 1.1 all work fine.
> Upgrading to GWE 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 expand address into compose form
> doesn't work more.
>
> Trying and trying I found this in Turba prefs:
>
> // Address books to be displayed in the address book selection widget
> // and in the Browse menu item. The address book name is stored using
> // the source key from sources.php (e.g. "localsql"). Separate
> // entries with "\n" , e. g. 'value' => "localsql\nlocalldap" (the
> // double quotes are REQUIRED). If 'value' is empty (''), all address
> // books that the user has permissions to will be listed.
> $_prefs['addressbooks'] = array(
> 'value' => "localsql\nlocalldap",
> 'locked' => false,
> 'shared' => false,
> 'type' => 'implicit',
> );
>
> By default value is empty, but I see that adding the same value
> stored into value of imp $_prefs['search_sources'], then auto-expand
> works again!
>
> I have something wrong during upgrade, or is this change expected?

This change is expected, because people were confused to see address
books in the mail client that they had disable in the address book's
preferences. If you wonder why not all address books are used even if
the default is empty, this is probably because you already saved your
address book preferences for turba, so that the default value no
longer applies.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/