[imp] Tab order in message composition and keyboard shortcuts.

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 12:16:51 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider wrote:
> With firefox it takes me 4 tabs to get to the body.
I wish it did that for me.
>> How do you use them to jump directly to the message body after entering
>> the subject?
> Eh, by using the "T" access key? Or whatever the access key is for
> your language.
I speak English and "T" takes me to the "To:" field not the message body.
> The access key is displayed in a title balloon if you mouse over the
> button.
I tried that for the buttons and it did work.  Thanks for the tip!
> We're currently working on a help-wiki-integration.
That would be great!
> I don't use the mouse at all when using IMP, so I really can't
> understand your issues.
> Jan.
Hmm...** As nobody else has brought this up and you are not experiencing
the same problem, perhaps it is something specific to my network, my
horde setup or I am doing something stupid. **  If so I apologize in
advance for wasting people's time.   Does anyone else have this problem?

My issues are:
#1 My os is winxp and with firefox 3.01 I have to hit tab 20 times after
entering the subject to get to the body.  I use the stable versions of
horde.  I tried it on a machine with debian etch as the os and iceweasel
2.0.0.16 and had to hit tab 20 times but at least at the end I landed in
the body and not the signature portion.
#2 With internet explorer 7 after I enter the subject it won't tab at
all to the body no matter how hard I hit tab :-)  I tried another users
computer on our network and had the same result.

I am glad to know that complete mouse avoidance is possible.
Thanks for the help and info!