[imp] IMP: hook: post-login: write to LDAP server?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Wed Sep 24 14:43:03 UTC 2008

Good afternoon from Munich!

I need to create a large number (~ 100.000) of Mailaccounts in advance, but I
don't want my SMTP server to receive mail for those recipients and store all
the spam that makes it through the filters, unless a user has successfully
logged into IMP. The login is supposed to activate the account and make it
know to the SMTP server.

My idea is to define an attribute in LDAP and set it to FALSE until the user
logs into IMP and have this a condition in the SMTP servers query to the LDAP
server. Then, after login, a script runs once and sets the value to TRUE. From
that moment on the condition is satisfied in the SMTP servers query and the
recipient becomes a valid recipient.

Reading through the docs, I guess, imp/config/hooks.php is the place to
implement a script that will alter the LDAP attribute, right? Is there a
runonlyonce hook or will the script have to run every time a user logs in?

Thanks,

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de