[imp] IMP and SMTP-AUTH problem

Andreas Ladanyi knuffiandy at web.de
Wed Sep 24 18:53:03 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider schrieb:
> Zitat von Andreas Ladanyi <knuffiandy at web.de>:
>
>> Norberto Bensa schrieb:

>>> I think you hardcode the user/pass for smtp in conf.php. I never used
>>> smtp-auth since horde is on the same box as postfix :)
>>
>> Yes you are right. This makes no sense :-)
>>
>> I see the problem is IMP will connect to port 25, although when i
>> configure horde to connect to SMTP port 587.
>>
>> But i dont know why. Any ideas ?
>
> You are probably overriding the port in imp/config/servers.php.

It seems to be true. But i dont know the reason.

In server.php no example entry was mark by preferred=true. All entries
are preferred=''. No entry is preferred and however the values from
horde/config.php are overridden ??????? Which entry IMP will choose ?

Could you explain me the reason, please ?

If i add my own new entry with correct values and set to
"preferred=true" then it works.

bye Andy