[imp] customize To: field in Imp 4.2

Paul Caldwell paulcaldwell90 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 03:33:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:40 AM, Paul Caldwell <paulcaldwell90 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In Imp 4.2, we need to customize imp/templates/compose/compose.html and
> access addr.input_value.  It is an array that loops over the To field and
> the CC field, but we want to address its value for the To field without
> looping.  Could some more knowledgeable shed a light on the grammar to
> address that single value?  I tried <tag:addr[0].input_value /> , to no
> luck.
>
> For the curious, we modified Horde Imp a bit so that when the user sends an
> email, he can choose to send To three destinations: list, support, himself,
> through a pull-down menu (he cannot type To address any more).  This worked
> well with 4.1.4, and our hack is attached in the end.  Now we are trying to
> upgrade to 4.2, but found the codes changed drastically that I can't figure
> out how to hack it now.  Our hack for 4.1.4 was in
> imp/imp/templates/compose/compose.inc :

> _("_To")) ?>&nbsp;</strong></td>
>                   <select name="to">
>                     <option value="list"<?php if($header['to']=="list")
> echo 'selected="selected"' ?>><?php echo _("list") ?></option>
>                     <option value="support"<?php
> if($header['to']=="support") echo 'selected="selected"' ?>><?php echo
> _("support") ?></option>
>                     <option value="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($from)
> ?>"<?php if($header['to']==$from) echo 'selected="selected"' ?>><?php echo
> _("self_address") ?>(<?php echo htmlspecialchars($from) ?>)</option>
>                   </select>
> ?>&nbsp;</td>
>
> Thanks, Paul

To be more specific, imp/templates/compose/compose.html appears to employ
homemade syntax, such as looping, if, and arrays in this "html" file.  But I
can't find syntax definition of these structures anywhere, especially how to
address an array element without looping in this "html".  Anyone has any
suggestion of decipher it?

Thanks, Paul