[imp] wordwrap message lines at 72

Tim Bannister Tim.Bannister at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 16:28:56 UTC 2008

>> for example, when i display in imp a mail that i sent from imp in
>> reply to other mail, i see the quoted part of the mail wrapped,
>> while i see the part that i wrote not wrapped
>
> I agree that this is irritating and I still didn't get used to it. I
> guess this happens if the original, now quoted, text was not flowed,
> while the newer part is. So the old part is hard wrapped, and the
> flowed part is, well, flowing.
>
> I find it easier to read the way we do it in Whups, and like we used
> to do it in IMP, i.e. wrap at 76, even with flowed text. Of course
> this causes problems if those lines don't fit into the window,
> because of small screens etc. Maybe we could use a max-width CSS
> layer for wrapping instead?

It doesn't have to be 76. I think IMP 4.1 used to reflow messages for
me (compared to the original, flowed format wrapping). It's a good
idea to have a wrap width, but ideally this would be a user preference
(and maybe another for whether to do this at all).

--
Tim Bannister
Email system administrator

w: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/itservices