[imp] Inbox View Update after receiving new messages (fwd)

Satish Vanimisetti satish at engr.uky.edu
Tue Nov 11 16:04:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

Here is email, with a more succinct description, we received from one
of our users about the problem we've been having with IMP.

> When I have logged into webmail and kept the browser open, when I
> receive a new message, it shows in the title bar and parenthesis next
> to the "Mail" on the left navigation, but it does not actually show in
> the inbox view.
>
> To reproduce:
> Log in to webmail.
> Open a new tab/window.
> Log into another e-mail account (Yahoo, Gmail, etc)
> Send a message to your webmail account.
> Watch as the webmail tab title changes to reflect a new
> message, eg Mail::Inbox (2) to Mail::Inbox (3).
> In Webmail, click on "Inbox" or use any other method to
> try and view your inbox. Note that the new message does
> not show up.
>
> I have to entirely log out of webmail and log back in to be able to
> see the new messages.

I'm out of ideas on what else I can try to address this problem.  I've
already searched the lists multiple times - but haven't hit anything
relevant.  Any information - hints, links - will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Satish Vanimisetti
College of Engineering