[imp] IMP hangs on verifying larger s/mime message, Reported Bug and others

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sun Dec 7 20:55:52 UTC 2008

Quoting Harakiri <harakiri_23 at yahoo.com>:

> [...]

We appreciate your patches, but I believe Jan was simply commenting on
the unnecessary e-mail follow-up to this list.  If a suspected problem
is discovered, a bug reports is sufficient.  The developers actively
read the incoming bug reports and will prioritize as necessary.
However, there is no need to send a follow-up e-mail to the list, and
then demand "Please have a look at these for the next major release".
This is probably not a good practice for *any* open-source project,
not just Horde, where the developers are not paid to make releases.

FWIW, Request #7754 was looked at and implemented (although it was far
from a critical issue/bug - it was a performance issue that I
personally have never had an issue with in the past, even with large
messages), I haven't looked at #7756 personally (the other devs know
more about that code than me), and #7757 is bogus (it will never be
fixed in IMP 4, but is already fixed in IMP 5 code).

michael