[imp] dimp and deleting messages

Dominique LALOT dom.lalot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 08:15:11 UTC 2008

Michael M Slusarz a écrit :
> Quoting Dominique LALOT <dom.lalot at gmail.com>:
>
>> gimili a écrit :

>>> I just tried it on my profile and if you set imp to hide the trash
>>> instead of move it then it seems to work in the same manner as
>>> thunderbird.  I was having the same issue as you until I did that.
>>> I think the hiding pref does not work if you tick off  "When
>>> deleting messages, move them to your Trash folder instead of marking
>>> them as deleted?" in imp.
>>>
>>> To me it might be nice to set imp to move the trash to the trash
>>> folder and also have the hiding pref work so that imp would get
>>> along better with thunderbird?  Perhaps I am missing something though.
>> Yes, that's what I wanted to do and I'm glad you notice the same
>> behaviour.
>
> There has been discussion about this on the list in the past.  Simply
> put - IMP can't guess what another mail agent does/wants to do.  If
> Thunderbird isn't cleaning up after itself, that's an issue in that app.
>
> michael

I partially agree with you. I have the possibility to say "hide deleted"
to imp/horde, so users don't get troubled by deleted messages in another
imap client. If I say move to trash, I cant get purge deleted button. I
just want Hide deleted working as it should.

Dom

--
Dominique LALOT
Ingenieur Systeme et Reseaux