[imp] dimp and deleting messages

Marcus hordelist at quantentunnel.de
Wed Dec 17 08:20:39 UTC 2008

gimili schrieb:
> Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>>
>> There has been discussion about this on the list in the past.  Simply
>> put - IMP can't guess what another mail agent does/wants to do.  If
>> Thunderbird isn't cleaning up after itself, that's an issue in that app.
> Thanks for the explanation Michael.  Perhaps the problem is people
> select hide deleted and then it doesn't seem to work.  Perhaps there
> could be a short note with the pref saying that hide deleted is
> dependent on $_prefs['use_trash'].
>
> I think I found an option in thunderbird to force automatic expunge on
> delete:
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=624487
> mail.imap.expunge_after_delete=true

If you have a lot TB installations, you want to use mozilla autoconfig
for delivering a default config. Don't confuse with autoconfig for
building Mozilla apps. Maybe searching for default_pref and/or lock_pref
will get better results.

On a quick search i found only
http://www.it-sudparis.eu/s2ia/user/procacci/netscape/en/mozilla-autoconfig-en.html#htoc12
but there are a few other pages.

The explaniation of most prefs are burried somewhere in the Knowledge
Base http://kb.mozillazine.org
You can find out which preference differs from default entering
about:config in the URL (Seamonkey, TB needs an addon), changed
preferences are bold. Since Mozilla only saves changed preferences in
prefs.js a diff before/after changing settings can help finding the
right one.
There is also an addon "preferential" which explains a lot of preferences.

Marcus