[imp] IMP 4.3.3 can't handle large jpg attachments

Scott Toderash scott at rainyday.ca
Thu Feb 5 22:40:37 UTC 2009

FYI, for the list's benefit
solved (sort of)

I installed ImageMagick and did a few things and rebooted the server and
the problem has gone away.

My assumption is that in the absence of imageMagick, IMP does some JPG
processing in PHP that is inefficient, and doesn't scale to images that
are 200k or so.  Interestingly, I made the changes, restarted httpd and
saw no difference.  I ended up rebooting the machine for different
reasons, but afterward the problem had gone away.  I can't prove for
sure what the fix was, but it's done.