[imp] dash in address-name -> bug in imp?

Peter Meier peter.meier at immerda.ch
Fri Feb 27 10:40:34 UTC 2009

Hi

if I receive emails with the following from field:

From: foo:bar <foo at bar.com>

the sender gets shown as Invalid Address.

I wondered if this is a bug in imp or the sending mailer
(thunderbird). If the sender places brackets around the name I receive
the following, which get's displayed correctly:

From: "foo:bar" <foo at bar.com>

I was unsure whether to file a bug report against imp or thunderbird.

Either sending it without bracket is RFC conform, so bug in imp or
not, so bug in thunderbird. Any ideas which one of the two it is?

cheers pete