[imp] Undisplayed messages deleted - quick release of IMP 4.3.4 or patches?

John Murtari jmurtari at thebook.com
Thu Mar 19 13:07:17 UTC 2009

Michael M Slusarz writes:
 > Quoting Jie Gao <J.Gao at isu.usyd.edu.au>:
 >
 > > * Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

 > >> I don't see this.
 > >>
 > >> michael
 > >
 > > One of our users, using POP, reported the following, which seems to
 > > confirm the problem:
 > >
 > > ---
 > > When the first email in the Inbox is deleted and the rest of the mail
 > > items move up (3->2, 2->1) the headers are displayed correctly
 > >
 > > (From:/Subject:) but when when the now first item is selected for viewing
 > > the following (now 2nd was 3rd) is displayed.
 > >
 > > (Actually the reading the n'th item displays the n+1'th item.)
 > >
 > > After reading the wrong item and returning to the Inbox and reading the
 > > first item again that item is correctly displayed.
 > >
 > > Using 'Purge Deleted' before viewing the item seems to fix the problem.
 > >
 > > This would appear to be an 'off by one' programming error.
 >
 > And this is *exactly* the ticket that was referenced above.  In other
 > words, it has been fixed.
 >
 > I said I don't see any of the problems listed after the ticket was
 > resolved.  At some point, John said he was still seeing some issues
 > (it may have been in another e-mail) that I can not reproduce anymore.
 >
 > michael

Mike,
        This is the message I sent you earlier regarding the
patches mentioned in bug report:  http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/8035

----
        Just a quick follow up to you on my list message.  I did
apply just the patches on the bug report page to Mailbox.php
and IMAP.php.

        It took care of the indexing links, but after you
do a select all/delete -- when the screen refreshed the message
subjects were off?  They still showed the undeleted messages, but
if you clicked on the link you got the right one.

        I was using the latest Firefox on Windows XP on IMP 4.3.3
with those two files patched.  I tried it a couple of times
and got the same results.  I may have fouled the patch up, etc...
but please check it out yourself.

        I can put the details in the bug tracking system if you
like.

        Best regards and thanks for your time on this!
--
                                          John