[imp] IMP performance and message display

John Murtari jmurtari at thebook.com
Fri Mar 20 11:39:16 UTC 2009

Folks,
        My two-bits on this conversation.  We'd also been using
Horde for quite a few years and primarily IMP to support web
based email for our customers.  Have never been happy with
it's performance on HTML messages, even in the newest version.

        One of the other support guys recommended something
he has been using at home called RoundCube.  We quickly had
it up and running as a test install on our servers and folks
love it. Does the 'ajax' magic and really renders the screen
very close to what you would see with Outlook, Thunderbird.

       Nice interface -- you don't get all the other Horde tools,
but if you just want webmail -- this could be it. GPL License.
http://www.roundcube.net/

        I don't mean to rain on the Horde parade!  But hopefully
the Horde development folks can look at the way these guys
handle message display and get some ideas.

--
                                          John