[imp] Max attachment size

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Mar 26 12:25:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

> The MIME/IMAP/attachment code has been completely rewritten in IMP 5
> and, regardless, the outputted message *is* valid MIME.  However,
> you really shouldn't be using 'Forward Attachments Only' - you
> should be using 'Forward Entire Message' (I am very close to
> removing the other 2 options in IMP 5 completely).

The 'Forward Attachments Only' is needed. IMP4 has problems showning
Messages Forwarded "Forwarding Entire Message" if the original
Messages contained Attachments and was signed with SMIME. I can't
remember if the forwarded message had to be signed that the problem
would be shown.

See http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/4297

How will/should IMP5 handle Forwarding signed messages?

Regards

      Michael Menge
M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen