[imp] Problem with domain added to @ from prefs

Marco falon at csi.it
Thu May 7 14:48:58 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I have the following problem.

Using IMP, last version, I can set from preferences a domain to use to
complete address without domain part.
So, if I set 'example.com' in preference, then if I compose a mail to
'john', IMP set automatically the address to 'john at example.com'.

This mechanism works only for session itself during which I set the
domain in preference.

For instance, if I set the domain, then I compose a new mail without
address part, all works as expected: the domain is added to the
destination address.
Then I do logout, and a new login. I compose another message, but now no
domain is added to the destination written without domain part.

My backend is MySQL. I see that the horde_prefs value (mail_domain) has
correctly stored.

Resuming, the preference

"When sending mail or expanding addresses, what domain should we append
to unqualified addresses (email addresses without '@')?"

has honored during the only session when the parameter has set. After
logout and new login it doesn't work more.

Do anyone experience this problem? Do you have any hints about this?

I thank you very much
Best Regards
Marco