[imp] Using IMP with multiple Pop accts into ONE mailbox

Brian Leggee brian at leggee.com
Sat May 9 05:13:26 UTC 2009

   Hi all - Can someone tell me how to use Imp with multiple mail
accounts (specifically pop accts with different domain names, all of
which I have registered), all arriving at one Inbox so I don't have to
login & out all the time?

   Not sure what version I have, I am new to Imp (LOVE IT!!!) but I
believe that it is 4.3 (I don't know how to check what version I have)

   What this Horde website FAQ describes is exactly what I am trying to do:

  HOW DO I MANAGE MULTIPLE POP3 OR IMAP ACCOUNTS FROM INSIDE IMP?

   IMP CAN "FETCH MAIL" FROM OTHER ACCOUNTS AND MERGE IT
INTO YOUR INBOX OR OTHER FOLDER(S) DISPLAYED BY IMP. IF YOU WANT TO
MANAGE THEM SEPARATELY RATHER THAN MERGING THEM ALL INTO ONE FOLDER,
YOU CAN SIMPLY CREATE A SEPARATE FOLDER FOR EACH ACCOUNT, AND THEN
CONFIGURE IMP'S FETCH MAIL to download messages for each account to
its own unique folder. Each folder would then represent an account.
Using multiple identities tied to each account's email address, you
can set it up so that when you reply to a message from any given
account, the proper From: address is used.