[imp] [OT] Re: Mod_env and mod_setenvif

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Fri May 8 07:40:12 UTC 2009

Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Using lighttpd with Horde doesn't require any extra or special PHP
> modules then using PHP with Apache does. The only difference is you
> need to run a fastcgi PHP instead of as a module (mod_php).  I don't
> have any hard performance numbers personally, other then the fact
> that when I was hosting my personal Horde install in a Virtuozzo VPS
> with no swap space, Horde was just about unusable with the amount of
> memory available to my VPS. Switching to lighttpd allowed it to work
> without any issues running with 256MB for the entire server, which
> ran the whole stack (mySQL, Postfix, Dovecot, etc...).

Not special for lighttpd but special by the sense not included in the
distribution repository. Is it possible by the way to run a
PHP-accelerator (APC) with lighttpd? As far as i see some say yes,
some no and others it doesn't matter because no speed improvments.
We have some underpowered machines which get bogged down without PHP cache.
My VPS is with Horde/IMP/Postfix/Cyrus/PostgreSQL with 150MB RAM used
at the moment and 256 granted :-)
Works well after some fine tuning for a small number of concurrent
users but we expect to grow.

> The syntax for rewrite rules are different, but over time, I've
> added most of the lighttpd style rules to Horde. If you have any
> specific questions, feel free to ask.

We don't use rewrite rules until now.

> There are lots of good HowTos on setting up php fast-cgi with
> lightty around the net, and the documentation on the lighttpd site
> is pretty good.
>
> For starters,
> http://redmine.lighttpd.net/wiki/lighttpd/TutorialLighttpdAndPHP

Thanks