[imp] [OT] Re: Mod_env and mod_setenvif

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri May 8 13:56:28 UTC 2009

Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

> Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>

>> Using lighttpd with Horde doesn't require any extra or special PHP
>> modules then using PHP with Apache does. The only difference is you
>> need to run a fastcgi PHP instead of as a module (mod_php).  I
>> don't have any hard performance numbers personally, other then the
>> fact that when I was hosting my personal Horde install in a
>> Virtuozzo VPS with no swap space, Horde was just about unusable
>> with the amount of memory available to my VPS. Switching to
>> lighttpd allowed it to work without any issues running with 256MB
>> for the entire server, which ran the whole stack (mySQL, Postfix,
>> Dovecot, etc...).
>
> Not special for lighttpd but special by the sense not included in
> the distribution repository. Is it possible by the way to run a
> PHP-accelerator (APC) with lighttpd?

Yes, it absolutely is. Personally, I use xcache and (now that I'm on a
much more powerful, dedicated box), I also use xcache as a backend for
Horde's cache as well.

I know there are a number of large scale horde installations that use
lighttpd, if anyone of those admins are listening...

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)