[imp] Issues with html message composition/reception

tom burkart imp at aussec.com
Wed Jun 24 01:35:44 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I have noticed that when html compostion (horde-webmail >= 1.2.2, with
and without stationery) is used for a message using either FCKeditor
or xinha, neither the html start (<html>) nor the end (</html>) tag is
added in the composition.  If I add them manually in "source" mode,
they will get stripped out by either editor.  I suspect, it would be a
good idea to have these tags for compatibility reasons.

An issue occurs when the above message is received by another imp
(horde-webmail >= 1.2.2).  What appears to happen is that horde does
not recognise that it is "text/html" despite the fact that it is
correctly
stated in the Content-Type header.  It claims that it is
"multipart/alternative" in the description, but when it is downloaded
to the browser it comes as "multipart/related" which the browser does
not know how to handle.
It also does not "see" the text-only version of the message that is
prepended to it and claims that: "There are no parts that can be
displayed inline".
The message gets displayed correctly in horde-webmail 1.0.6 (IMP 4.1.6)

tom