[imp] Issues with html message composition/reception

tom burkart imp at aussec.com
Wed Jun 24 06:41:39 UTC 2009

> This is a limitation of xinha/fckeditor.  If you want a syntactically
> correct message to be generated, you should install the PHP tidy module
> which will properly fix the formatting of the outgoing message.
Ah, cool, thanks!  Works very nicely (burns more CPU cycles ;-) ).
Just as an aside: in mime_drivers 'tidy' => false but it still works...

> I don't experience this.  Almost sounds like inline display of either
> multipart/alternative or multipart/related has been disabled in
> mime_drivers.php.
I have just checked imp/config/mime_drivers.php and they have big
warning signs that state noone should mess with them and they are
'inline' => true for all of the relevant ones.

I have decided to go through the mime_drivers file and get all the
differences between before and now:
The old one had:
/* If you don't want to display the link to show alternative message parts,
  * set the following to false. */
$mime_drivers['imp']['alternative']['show'] = true;
Which is no longer in the current version.  Could this be the cause?

What else could I check?

tom