[imp] Dynamic sent-mail folder

Arnaud arnaud-list at aerine.net
Wed Jul 1 11:51:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

to keep things more consistent, I usually like to have the replies
copied in the same place as the original mails. For example, if i
reply to a thread in "Dev/Horde", I would like the sent mail to be
added to "Dev/Horde" and not to some generic "sent-mail" folder.

Of course it is possible to change the folder using the "Save a copy
in" drop down menu in the compose window, but unfortunately I have not
found a way to do this dynamically.

Is there a way to do this in IMP already? If not, how hard would it be to add?

When compose.php is called, one of the parameter passed is
"thismailbox", which could be useful to change the value of
sent_mail_folder to the current folder.
What else would be needed (apart from a "Current folder" choice in the
"Personal Information /Sent mail folder" option page)?

Best regards,
--
Arnaud