[imp] imapd processes in process state D

Andrew Stafford andrew.stafford at ta.org.jm
Tue Sep 1 17:27:32 UTC 2009

I have been having an intermittent problem over the past few months that I
cannot seem to find the root cause. Ever so often imapd processes enter a
process state of D and because of that the load on the server sky rockets. I
have to end up killing the processes. I have over the time replaced all the
drives in the raid array on which the mails are stored. Would a mailbox size
over 1GB cause something like this? As there are a few on my sever.

Regards,

Andrew J. Stafford

Information Technology Officer

Transport Authority

119 Maxfield Avenue

Kingston 10

Tel.: (876) 926-8912 ext. 2603 / (876) 501-0603

Cel.: (876) 369-8827

Fax.: (876) 929-4178

Notice of Confidentiality:

unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system.