[imp] IMP very slow on Centos 5

Wayne Catterton ciscoswitch at putercom.org
Mon Sep 28 21:58:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been searching and trying many suggestions made on IMP being slow.
Let me give you my details first:

Centos 5
Postfix
Dovecot
Apache 2.2.3
php 5.1.6
Horde-Webmail-1.2.4
Squirrelmail
postfixadmin
dspam

I have all the requirements installed for php extensions, php-imap, etc.

everything in horde-webmail is working, but the login is very slow, maybe
5-10 seconds, and anything to do with mail is slow, about the same
response as the login.   I have it setup to use imap/notls, and I set
Horde authentication to IMAP as well.

Address books, calendar, etc are really quick, just mail is slow.

Squirrelmail on the other hand is lightning quick, less than a second
response.

I had first thought that maybe IMP is just slow, because of the extra's,
but I saw some posts that boasted that IMP is faster than squirrelmail.  I
have a ton of plugins installed on squirrelmail as well, and it's still
lightning quick, it's setup using the same imap/notls.

I know this question has been asked alot, I've been going through all the
posts, but I've not found anything that helps.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Wayne Catterton CCNA
Network Engineer