[imp] Calling compose.php with parameters

JP Edwards jpedwardspost at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 29 13:33:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am experimenting with calling the /imp/compose.php with parameters from another web application.  This will help me automate a process which I have to do alot.

For example:

If I call: /imp/compose.php?identity=jp at abc.co.uk & subject=testsubject & rtemode=1 & message=a_test_message

I get the email compose form in html mode, with recipient, subject and message prepopulated -  which is great.

However, the different message bodies that I would like to pass can be up to 10kbytes long which unfortunately is a bit too long to pass as an url.  The message body content varies so I can't use a standard draft message as a template.

I would like to know if there is another method for passing a longer message body (which is simple to implement) - or maybe automatically loading the message body after the compose form comes up.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers,

JP.