[imp] Adding to Spell Checker's Dictionary

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 12:19:39 UTC 2009

Brian Leggee wrote:
> How do I add word(s) to Spell Check  so that it doesn't keep trying to
> correct them over & over ? Or how tell it to "permanently ignore" a
> word ?

I do not know how to do it per user but I was able to figure our system
wide additions.

I enter the path like this in imp's settings:  /usr/bin/aspell -p
/var/www/spellwords

Then I have a small bat file that runs as follows:

echo Adds words from spellwords.txt
/usr/bin/aspell -p /var/www/spellwords -c /var/www/spellwords.txt

So the words that I want to have ignored system wide are stored in
spellwords.txt and the bat file changes them to the format that aspell
likes.

At least this way I could add things like our company name which was
getting flagged each time.

If there was some way that the words could be added to spellwords.txt
from hordes interface and then run the bat file or run the bat file from
cron job this might work but it applies to everyone and not per user.

Does this help at all?

--
gimili