[imp] Default Mailbox Folders

Martin Fraser mdf at darksnow.net
Wed Jan 6 17:41:55 UTC 2010

Eugene Kerner wrote:
> Please! Please! Pleaeaaaase on my knees!
>
> Someone tell me AND THEN DOCUMENT how to configure IMP so that every new user gets a standard set of mailboxes.
> Like Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Spam, Trash.
>
> Last time I had to config this for a client I eventually worked it out after about 3 days.
>
> And this time its so far taken me 2 days.
>
> Its a simple and Im sure common task.
>
> I have tried every google search term concievable and read more wrong pages than in the holy bible.
>
> Please.
>
> Thanks,
> Eugene.

IMP is an IMAP client, the folders come from the server so this is not a
Horde, or IMP issue.

However, the way I get round this is to create the relevant folders in
the /etc/skel directory so when a new user is created by the system and
their home directory is created, it already contains the folder I need.

If you're using an IMAP server that uses Maildir mailboxes, you can do
the same, either way, that should give you a clue to solve this.

Good Luck.

Martin Fraser.