[imp] Automatically change identity based on IMAP folder?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Feb 12 17:46:58 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 13:35 +0000, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
> Eugene Kerner <ekerner <at> ekerner.com> writes:
>
> > [ ... ]
> >
> > Usually in those cases you catch them all in say the admin account and reply
> > from there, but it breaks integrity coz the reply comes from a different
> > respondent.
> >
> > My 2 bobs worth.
> >
> > [ ... ]
>
> Thank you for your words of support.
>
> Under Gnus and Wanderlust (two pieces of emacs-based software
> that can be used as email clients), it's easy to enable this
> behavior. And in fact, I have been using one or the other of
> these for years to handle email for my small, online business in
> exactly the way you are describing.
>
> I would also like to have the same behavior in my web-based email
> client.
>
> I'm willing to write a patch to add this capability to IMP, if
> there is currently no standard way to provide it. In that case,
> could someone point me to the sections of IMP code where I should
> concentrate my efforts?
----
relatively easy enough to find on the horde website...

http://www.horde.org/source/contribute.php

Chances are though that you are not using HEAD but rather a stable
version and it's likely that if you provide a patch to stable, that it
won't get added unless it also works with HEAD

Craig

believed to be clean.