[imp] Automatically change identity based on IMAP folder?

Lloyd Zusman ljz at asfast.com
Fri Feb 12 13:35:09 UTC 2010

Eugene Kerner <ekerner <at> ekerner.com> writes:

> [ ... ]
>
> Usually in those cases you catch them all in say the admin account and reply
> from there, but it breaks integrity coz the reply comes from a different
> respondent.
>
> My 2 bobs worth.
>
> [ ... ]

Thank you for your words of support.

Under Gnus and Wanderlust (two pieces of emacs-based software
that can be used as email clients), it's easy to enable this
behavior. And in fact, I have been using one or the other of
these for years to handle email for my small, online business in
exactly the way you are describing.

I would also like to have the same behavior in my web-based email
client.

I'm willing to write a patch to add this capability to IMP, if
there is currently no standard way to provide it. In that case,
could someone point me to the sections of IMP code where I should
concentrate my efforts?

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz at asfast.com