[imp] Logout problem

Gary Smith gary.smith at holdstead.com
Mon Mar 15 19:44:20 UTC 2010

> Either your browser still remembered the cookies, despite your
> settings. Or you don't use cookies at all, and your bookmark contains
> your last session id.
>
> Whether sessions are garbage collected on your server, completely
> depends on your server traffic and PHP settings.
>
> Jan.

Jan,

I think it's definitely a cookie issue.  The problem is under IE 8.  When I did the test under Firefox (which I should have done earlier) it logged out as expected.

Would it make sense to put a database job in place to delete all sessions older than a certain amount of time? I'm just worried that some people on the road that have conditions similar to mine may not log off an leave their accounts vulnerable.

Gary Smith