[imp] Domain based horde/config/config.php

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Apr 11 13:32:03 UTC 2010

Quoting steen at ing-steen.se:

> Hello Folks!
>
> I tried for hours getting the various admins in our LDAP tree to see and
> manage only their users based on groups they belong to (there are thousands
> of users belonging to hundreds of admins).
>
> Result is Authentication settings, and it is in horde/config/config.php
> (how to splecify filter for user lists). Here I can set the correct ldap
> filter, and that part works as expected.
>
> The con is I need one config.php for each domain, how do I do that, or one
> entire horde + imp installation in each domain document root, not nice way
> to maintain future updates etc. they would be hundreds of them to :-)
>
> How do I do that ?
>
> I see a flag in horde/config/config.php:
>
>       $conf['vhosts'] = false;
>
> What happens if I enable it ? Information is very sparce and I do not see
> to much on open internet either.

The instructions for how to enable this are present on the
configuration screen where you set this flag. In short, once this is
enabled, you can create separate configuration files for each virtual
host. e.g. If you have a host 'mailone.example.com' and
'mailtwo.example.com' you can create 'config-mailone.example.com.php'
and 'config-mailtwo.example.com.php'

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein