[imp] Subject encoding issue

qmail at top-consulting.net qmail at top-consulting.net
Sat May 15 20:16:05 UTC 2010

I am ready to agree with you, but how do you explain the fact that the
subject is displayed properly when viewing the message and also in the
Dovecot rawlogs ?

It's only in the mailbox.php script that it's causing errors.

I actually found a bit more about this as well in this file:
imp/lib/IMAP/MessageCache.php

Right around this comment:
// There should not be any 8bit characters here.  If there
// is, we either need to convert from the default charset
// or replace with question marks.

I posted all the details in this bug:

http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/9020