[imp] Fwd: Verbage in Horde Program..

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed May 19 02:10:36 UTC 2010

----- Forwarded message from Lorretta Woodbury
<lorretta at woodburybydesign.com> -----
    Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 12:34:48 -0700
    From: Lorretta Woodbury <lorretta at woodburybydesign.com>
Subject: Verbage in Horde Program..
      To: chuck at HORDE.ORG

Hi Chuck,

I imagine you would have heard this before, but I am going to run it
by you anyway.  I received a number of complaints from my clients,
many non-profit, about whitelist and blacklist.  They are stating it
implies black is bad and white is good.  Just think it over and
perhaps you and your team could change it to redlist and greenlist..

At first I was hotheaded about it, but when I thought about it I
realized they may have a point..  Even though the use of those two
colors was not meant to be hurtful or discriminatory.

Thanks for listening...

Sincerely,
Lorretta Woodbury

----- End forwarded message -----