[imp] Rendering-problem with multipart-mails

Michael Gröne michael.groene at zew.uni-hannover.de
Fri Jul 2 09:32:18 UTC 2010

Am Mi 30 Jun 2010 18:45:14 CEST schrieb Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
> No, the start parameter is correctly set.  The problem is that the
> Content-ID for both parts is identical.  I can not figure out how

You're right, I didn't recognize.

> this happens - on my Horde 3/IMP 4 setup (IMP 4.3.8) this does not
> happen - the Content-IDs for the two parts are different.
>
> So you will either have to upgrade IMP (and Horde) and try again, or
> else track down why this isn't working on your installation since I
> can not reproduce.

After further testing, ist seems, that the fault is machine-related.
On our developement system (copied the whole horde-install on it for
testing), the Content-IDs are different and according to that, the
mail is displayed correctly.

Why doesn't the function setContentID() return a unique ID?
-----
./lib/Horde/MIME/Part.php:
-----
     function setContentID($cid = null)
     {
         if (is_null($this->_contentid)) {
             $this->_contentid = (is_null($cid)) ?
(base_convert(microtime(), 10, 36) . '@' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']) :
$cid;
         }
         return $this->_contentid;
     }
-----

Our usual (not working) install is running on a virtualized Ubuntu
with PHP Version 5.2.10-2ubuntu6.4.

Do you have got any ideas?