[imp] Horde/IMP auth from own application

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jul 6 09:33:56 UTC 2010

Zitat von Matt <testacc at xs4all.nl>:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm using the horde framework for quite a while already and have made some
> changements so I can use it with multiple servers, etc.
>
> Now I have my own small user-interface for some small things, I would like
> to integrate horde into this, or actually the applications that run in
> horde.
>
> The problem is mostly the authentication as far as I have seen the
> questions about this, and so is this my problem too at the moment.
>
> I have read that it's best to auth your own app through the horde
> framework so you can login to the apps or horde after this.
>
> Now this is in most cases, with own written systems, kinda difficult, so I
> was wondering if it's possible to add mailbox info to your own system and
> auth for horde while you login to your own system.

Yes, this is possible. There are two approaches. The cleanest is to
write a transparent authentication driver that gets the authentication
information and credentials from your legacy system. Take one of the
existing transparent drivers like the HTTP driver as a template.
Alternatively you can use one of custom login scripts in
horde/scripts/*_login.php as a starting point.

> The second question is how to "integrate" horde the best way into your own
> app. I use some simple MVC system I build and I have seen there is a horde
> MVC kinda thing too... now maybe an iframe or an include can fix this too
> ?

Since all Horde apps build their own complete interfaces, an iframe is
probably the best solution for now.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/