[imp] Resetting IMAP Folder Cache on IMP

Andrew Eells andrew.eells at pbti.org
Mon Jul 19 15:53:20 UTC 2010

Hello,

How can we administratively tell IMP to reload everyone's IMAP folders
list?  We've upgraded recently, as described below, and everything is
working except for peoples' preexisting folders are not showing up.

Webmail>managing folders>Rebuild Folder Tree doesn't seem to have any
effect, nor does "show unsubscribed folders".  The Admin setup option
$confserver[cache][folders] check box in the administration section of
Horde does not work.

New folders created through IMP do show up.  Both the old and new
folders are easily visible in Thunderbird or Outlook.  Horde.log doesn't
report any errors.

In table horde_prefs, rows with pref_name = 'expanded_folders' seem to
be storing a cache of folder names for each user, but deleting the row
has no affect, good or bad.

We've googled quite a bit, and found nothing that seemed directly
relevant.  We are wondering if the fix for Ticket 8805
<http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/8805> may perhaps be contributing to our
problem.  Thanks in advance!

_*Upgrade Details*_
Operating System: CentOS 5.4
PHP 5.1.6

                                             Old Version
Upgraded Version
Horde Framework            3.3.6                            3.3.8
Horde Groupware Webmail Edition
         IMP                            4.1.6
      4.3.7
         KRONOLITH              2.1.8                            2.3.4
         MNEMO                      2.1.2                            2.2.3
         NAG                            2.1.4
2.3.5
         TURBA                       2.1.7                            2.3.4
         INGO                          1.1.5
**see below

Given the fact that we were so far behind on upgrades, many of the above
changes had to be made manually, but everything except folders seems to
be working well and without horde.log error messages.  Our INGO
installation was so out of date that no upgrade sql scripts were
provided for it, so we have left it disabled.

Thank You for your assistance,
--
*Andrew Eells*