[imp] IMP Cleanout

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed Aug 18 10:36:43 UTC 2010

Zitat von Brian Leggee <brian at leggee.com>:

> I just deleted around 12,000 Emails, half of those in the SENT
> folder, many had big attachments.
>
> I was just wondering if that leaves me with a database somewhere
> that needs to be "compacted" or otherwise reduced to get rid of dead
> space ... or if that is irrelevant in  this case.

 From IMP point of view the only thing which might be relevant is the
"maillog" setting which records sent/received mail in history for the
replyed information. This entries should get cleaned as long as you
delete the mails with IMP. If you need to "compact" the database using
as backend, depends on the database you are using. Newer PostgerSQL
version do it for you older needed some form of cronjob for example.
Not sure about others like MySQL and so on.

Regards

Andreas