[imp] Seeing Inbox(1/12) -> There are no messages in this mailbox

Joe Besko jbesko at msu.edu
Wed Nov 3 12:18:04 UTC 2010

Quoting Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn at pfcs.com>:

>> We have experienced this problem too.  We have found that clearing the
>> IMP preferences from the database "fixes" this problem.
>
> Thanks!
>
> How might I clear the IMP preferences from the database?  I'm happy to
> give this a shot...

The sql statement we use to clear the prefs for IMP are:

delete from horde_prefs where pref_uid='userid' and pref_scope='imp';

I always double check what I want to delete by doing the select first:

select * from horde_prefs where pref_uid='userid' and pref_scope='imp';

If you have the Admin panel in the side bar, you can type these
commands in the SQL shell.

Doing this, naturally, means any preferences the user may have set are
gone and will use the system's default settings.  The only real
nuisance we've run into is losing the user's address book as being the
default.  But it isn't too difficult for them to fix that.

Hopefully this works for you.

--

Joe Besko                      Phone:        517.432.5335
Systems Programmer             Fax:          517.353.9847