[imp] Problems with translation and icons of four standard folders

Manuel Gualda Caballero manuel at utopiaverde.org
Fri Jan 28 05:14:24 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have installed (with apt-get install ...) Horde, IMP and other modules
in a virtual machine OpenVZ:

HOST MACHINE

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0
Linux 2.6.24-10-pve
Proxmox Virtual Environment 1.5
x86_64

VIRTUAL MACHINE (OPENVZ)

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0
Linux 2.6.24-10-pve
PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny9 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli)
Zend Engine v2.2.0
MySQL Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using
readline 5.2
ISPConfig 3
Horde 3.2.2
Imp 4.2
Kronolith 2.2
Passwd 3.0
Turba 2.2.1
Ingo 1.2
Mnemo 2.2
Nag 2.2

I have two problems with four standard folders:

1.- Only one (Inbox) is translated to Spanish (Entrada). Other standard
folders (Drafts, Junk, Sent and Trash) are not translated to Spanish.

2.- Only one (Inbox) shows his specific icon (inbox.png). Other standard
folders show folder.png, instead of their own (drafts.png, spam.png,
sent.png and trash.png).

My /usr/share/horde3/imp/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/imp.mo contains the
msgid and msgstr of all (5) standard folders:

msgid "Inbox"
msgstr "Entrada"

msgid "Drafts"
msgstr "Borradores"

msgid "Sent"
msgstr "Enviados"

msgid "Spam"
msgstr "Spam"

msgid "Trash"
msgstr "Papelera"

I have no error logs in horde3.log.

I have read several old post telling that is not possible translating
these folders:
http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.www.horde-imp/browse_thread/thread/84dd2694679ffcb4/8ba3a8541222045e?lnk=gst&q=folder+translation#8ba3a8541222045e
http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.www.horde-imp/browse_thread/thread/13e9f9f2c7d8b9ad/3d0dda1526d749d2?lnk=gst&q=folder+translation#3d0dda1526d749d2
http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.www.horde-imp/browse_thread/thread/619e76a009a276b6/e68eb2b723153392?lnk=gst&q=folder+translation#e68eb2b723153392
etc.

But they are very old and Inbox is translated to Spanish.

Sorry, I'm confused. Is possible translate these folders? If yes, how?
If no, sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks and cordial greetings,

Manuel