[imp] UW-imap 'imap_config' configuration and high load

Arminas g.arminas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 14:04:01 UTC 2011

Hi Piotr,

I don't know if its the same problem, but our mail server was crashed when
we started using imap-proxy. Mail server wasn't configured to handle lots of
open files. We've set lower cache limits at imap-proxy configuration and
that solved our problems. You should check how many opened files your mail
server can handle and according to that, configure imap-proxy.

Also there are useful properties described, that can be used in server's
configuration in imp/config/servers.php (timeout, login_tries).