[imp] Installing H4 / stability "beta" [Was: IMP H4 (5.0-RC1)]

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Thu Mar 24 22:18:05 UTC 2011

> From: imp-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:imp-
> bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Adam Tauno Williams
>
> > We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists
> or
> > our bug tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome.
> > To install IMP, you need to install Horde first. See
> > https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/master/horde/docs/INSTALL for
> > details. Once
>
> Attempting to follow those instructions, but this fails with many
> messages like -
>
> Failed to download horde/Horde_Vfs within preferred state "stable",
> latest release is version 1.0.0RC1, stability "beta", use
> "channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Vfs-1.0.0RC1" to install

Pear install -alldeps wordked for me - but as you can see from my other post it didn't get me as far as I thought.  It did take away those errors though.

> Do I have to install all those manually (specifying the full channel)
> or is there a pear setting to get around this?  I understand it is
> beta, I just want to tell pear that is OK.

Given my issue, I'm wondering if y/our installation of pear needs to be told that beta sw is okay to install...  But it's a wild guess - I'm no expert.

Simon