[imp] Installing H4 / stability "beta" [Was: IMP H4 (5.0-RC1)]

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Mar 24 22:34:07 UTC 2011

Zitat von Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at opengroupware.us>:

> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 18:10 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>> > We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing
>> lists or our bug
>> > tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome.
>> > To install IMP, you need to install Horde first. See
>> > https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/master/horde/docs/INSTALL for
>> > details. Once
>> Attempting to follow those instructions, but this fails with many
>> messages like -
>> Failed to download horde/Horde_Vfs within preferred state "stable",
>> latest release is version 1.0.0RC1, stability "beta", use
>> "channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Vfs-1.0.0RC1" to install
>> Do I have to install all those manually (specifying the full channel) or
>> is there a pear setting to get around this?  I understand it is beta, I
>> just want to tell pear that is OK.
>
> Is "pear config-set preferred_state beta" the correct option?

Either that, or use the "-d preferred_state=beta" flag when calling
PEAR to not set this option permanently.

But actually this shouldn't be necessary at all. You might get the
warning from above, but if you correctly specified the -beta suffix
when installing horde, the installation should still continue and pull
in all dependencies. The -beta tag tells PEAR that beta versions are
fine for this run.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/