[imp] Dynamic View Questions

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jun 7 01:06:38 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> I have been using the Dynamic interface for a while, it has some
> great features - but I have a couple of questions.
>
> 1. I can't find a way to View Thread like in the Traditional
> interface - am I missing something obvious?

It's right there next to Subject (if you mean sorting by thread).  If
you mean viewing an entire thread on the same page, then no.  I've
always found that feature very cumbersome and not that useful, and
have toyed in the past with removing it completely.  At a minimum, I
would like to redo it for the dynamic view.

> 2. In Traditional you can "Clear Sort" to return to Pref-specified
> default sorting, is that available in Dynamic?

Right-click on the sort bar.  Suggestions for where else to put it are
welcome (but NOT in Other Actions.  It doesn't fit in there).

> 3. You can't mark a message as "Answered"?

You are not supposed to be allowed to mark a message as Answered
manually.  This flag is defined by the IMAP spec for a very specific
purpose - it must only be sent when a message has been successfully
replied to.  You can always define a tag if you want something that
you can manually control.

michael