[imp] cannot click to view inbox

Caleb O'Connell coconnell at portlandtaps.com
Fri Jun 17 13:53:30 UTC 2011

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Caleb O'Connell <coconnell at portlandtaps.com>:
>
>> I recently upgraded to dovecot 2.0.6 and enabled the pidgeonhole sieve
>> filter.
>> I also upgraded horde/IMP to 5.0.7, which I believe was released on the
>> 14th.
>> When I log into dynamic view, I used see in my left menu:
>>
>> inbox
>> drafts
>> sent
>> spam
>>
>> I know no longer see the inbox link.  Below I have all the custom folders
>> I created, and among these is a listed inbox, but I cannot clikc it as a
>> link.
>>
>> When I view in traditional view, I see the inbox among all the folders,
>> but
>> I cannot click on the folder.  It's only the inbox that I have this issue
>> with.
>>
>> When I log on, I do go direclty into my inbox, so I can see my mail, but
>> If I click onto, say my spam folder, I can't click anything to get back
>> into my inbox.
>>
>> Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions.
>
> You shouldn't have upgraded all at once without testing individual
> upgrades first. Anyway, you need to find out if this is IMP's fault at
> all. Do other mail client behave different than before the Dovecot
> upgrade too?
>
> Jan.

I probably should have clarified.  I upgraded to Dovecot 2.0.6, tested and
all was fine.  I then checked and saw there were upgrades to Horde and I
deceided I would do those as well.  From what I can tell, this symptom came
about after the horde upgrade, although to be honest I cannot confirm that
it didn't exist from the dovecot upgrade.  I mainly made sure all my changes
in the backend, config and prefs files were all good in all the modules I
upgraded.  This could very well be a dovecot imap subscription issue.  On my
phone, which I use imap with, all the folders work fine.
I see no messages in any of the dovecot log files, I have horde logging to
it's own file, and the horde instance for apache log to their own files as
well.  None of them give me a message about any permissions or anything.
If there are any suggestions as far as what things in horde to check, the
parts of an imap server horde deals with that may give an asnwer and if
there is any additional logging options I may not be checking.

Thanks again.