[imp] IMP 4.3.5: Client tried to access nonexistent namespace. (Mailbox name should probably be prefixed with: INBOX.)

Claudio Prono claudio.prono at atpss.net
Wed Jun 22 10:25:31 UTC 2011

Hello all,

After an upgrade of my IMAP server (dovecot 2.0.x), my webmail have a
problem: when i send a message it results in a error, it says:
Client tried to access nonexistent namespace. (Mailbox name should
probably be prefixed with: INBOX.)

I have googled a little, found posts with the same my error, but no
solutions at all.

I have verified, and the server tells correctly the namespace:

1 LOGIN claudio at atpss.net [password]
1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE
QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS QUOTA]
Logged in
1 NAMESPACE
* NAMESPACE (("INBOX." ".")) NIL NIL

But seems imp not see this....

>From the log, i have the following error:

HORDE[10114]: [imp] IMAP errors: SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server
advertised AUTH=PLAIN Client tried to access nonexistent namespace.
(Mailbox name should probably be prefixed with: INBOX.) Client tried to
access nonexistent namespace. (Mailbox name should probably be prefixed
with: INBOX.) [pid 10114 on line 175 of
"/srv/www/horde/horde/imp/lib/IMAP.php"]

How i can fix this?

Cordially,

Claudio Prono.

Claudio Prono                         OPST
System Developer
                                      Gsm: +39-349-54.33.258
@PSS Srl                              Tel: +39-011-32.72.100
Via San Bernardino, 17                Fax: +39-011-32.46.497
10141 Torino - ITALY                  http://atpss.net/disclaimer