[imp] Quota driver Command

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 6 18:06:33 UTC 2011

Quoting mtecles at biof.ufrj.br:

> Problem 1.
> The use of volumes generates long names for the partitions, wich
> wraps the response line of the quota command (Debian 6). As the
> result, IMP displays "No limit". Horde logs:

Known, problem, discussed before on the mailing lists.

> Use "quota -uw" in the function getQuota. That is:

Not portable.  There are various solutions for various installations,
but they are not portable.

You can define "quota_path" to include the switch, I believe...  That is,
define "quota_path" to be something like "/usr/bin/quota -w" in order
to get the desired effect.

> Problem 2.
> Command drive fails to determine the disk block size and IMP displays
> wrong numbers. Using
> $blocksize = 1024;
> solved the problem for me.

We try to get the correct block size in the function blockSize() and
if not, we default to 1024.

Can you debug why the function is failing to get the correct block size
and also failing to use the default?  Per the docs, it is known to be
problematic, ala:

      * We try to find out the disk block size from stat(). If not
      * available, stat() should return -1 for this value, in which
      * case we default to 1024 (for historical reasons). There are a
      * large number of reasons this may fail, such as OS support,
      * SELinux interference, the file being > 2 GB in size, the file
      * we're referring to not being readable, etc.

I'm not sure why this would fail in your case -- it works in my install.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.