[imp] allow_url_fopen setting for PHP

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jul 20 16:25:16 UTC 2011

Zitat von Aria Bamdad <aria at bsc.gwu.edu>:

> Hi,
>

> I did some searching around to see if it is safe  to turn  allow_url_fopen
> OFF in the PHP.INI file for Horde Groupware Webmail Edition but didn't find
> anything definitive.  I did find some references that if it is set to OFF,
> then some things break and some references that say to turn it off also.
>

> Can someone clarify if it is safe to set this option off?

Good question. Theoretically we should have replaced all occurences
with using Horde_Http_Client in Horde 4. This *may* use fopen too, but
only if neither curl or http extensions are available.
But I'm not sure if anyone ever did a complete audit to find all
places where might be using fopen.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/