[imp] Hide text/plain download link

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 11:55:12 UTC 2011

On 7/27/11 1:29 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting gimili <gimili17 at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 7/08/11 12:14 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>>> Quoting ssri_abo at u-paris2.fr:

>>> The text/plain part is a viewable part of the message, meaning a
>>> user will always get an option to (at a minimum) download the part.
>>>  You can't do anything about that.
>>>
>>> The $mime_drivers config only alters whether the the part will be
>>> inline viewable in the browser.
>>>
>>> michael
>>>
>>> ___________________________________
>>> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]
>>>
>> In my opinion, this should be smaller or in the top right corner.  It
>> is too in your face currently and confuses some people.  For instance
>> it is at the top of every daily agenda.  The format of the daily
>> agenda is really nice and visually appealing and the text part
>> message takes away from that.  Anyone agree/disagree?  Would this be
>> worth adding as an enhancement request?
>
> But how else would you indicate that you can download that part?  Or
> view that part in another window.  There can't be a "global" download
> or view button for the entire message, since there may be more than
> one message part.
> michael
> ___________________________________
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing and/or maybe there is no
good solution but I just opened my daily agenda in imp and first thing I
see is a large yellow box with a red stop sign and a message that says
"This part contains an attachment that can not be displayed within this
part: Text part 4KB".  Could the basic user be thinking what the heck is
a part and this looks like a serious message with the red stop sign?
Perhaps they are also thinking why is it talking about an attachment for
the daily agenda when there is no file attached?  Maybe if the link was
top right instead of top left?  Maybe the word part could be changed to
something more obvious?  I just tried a different user and I see their
warning is a red exclamation point.  I am using the Mozilla theme and it
looks much more like a stop sign.  If possible I think a less in your
face message would be nice?  Maybe there is nothing wrong with the way
it is and I am nit picking?

--
gimili